studiolifeline

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

verbal narrative in theatrical space

I  am finding interesting things... there was a time when I was writing so much in my head (may be it happened when my English reached the point I needed to be comfortable in the world) that each painting/drawing.anything I was actually looking at needed to be described and titled; only after that I will be able to "un-title" it, re-title it and visually create it.

 1999

1999
Work has been often divided into sections which act more like sentences in the poem than pieces of cloth in quilt.

 Curtains started as pieces of other paintings, became see-through screen and came back to real curtains
Painting inside the painting, Landscape behind the window, table in the room... all those setting have been structures for my work than and in many ways still are. I just think I found a more intelligent, less decorative way for my dividers and spaces became more abstract and hard to describe or not needed to be described at all.


No comments:

Post a Comment