studiolifeline

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

...thinking

I am thinking about calling my new proposal for a personal show "Utopia".


Utopia, a.k.a. an imagined and ideal world becomes one of the main subjects of my work and inhabitant of my landscapes. For me, utopia is linked to the now, the moment between one second and the next. It constitutes a possibility that is actualized and converted into reality. An opening where concepts like subject and object, inside and outside, proximity and distance are tossed into the air and redefined. Our sense of orientation is challenged and the coordinates of our spaces, collective and personal, have to be renegotiated. Changeability and mobility are at the core of utopia. In my large canvases I offer the viewer to enter into the beautiful of the imagined filled with dreams and hopes and be aware of how things evolve and happen.

But what am I going to do with bleeding heads, broken legs and dead animals? Is that anti-utopian in itself? Opposition? Nostalgia via Utopia?

No comments:

Post a Comment