studiolifeline

Thursday, July 14, 2011

about a Red Riding Hood and, of course, a Wolf...

Talk at the French Culture Center





Two years ago I was looking for ideas on which to base a proposal of my personal show in French Culture Center... the main idea came from a book about Jungian Approach to French Fairy Tales that I happened to have on my desk (taking Jung theory Continuing Education in University of MN that semester). I first planned to come up with a series of paintings that will psychologically (in my images) show well known French Fairy Tales. The first one that came up was Red Riding Hood.




...and continued


Like a play...with characters ... this painting went through different stages and settings. It was a part of "french" show, but is on my easel today again. No Red Riding Hood or a wolf..
It started as a large orange painting with french blue, which looked like a purple, because of the contrast. The characters of the story came into the arranged for them space and lived there for a while, but the whole Freudian setting and although well and interesting painted colors looked inviting the whole thing needed to fall apart and so it did.

After two months of work it came to its new being erasing all the images, but probably looking for some new inhabitants (unless I manage to put them behind the red curtains.


... I will put one head without a neck on a pillows and sing a soft song...

1 comment:

  1. By today... wolf died, Red Riding Hood ran away (after, of course, killing him), "grandmother" left too, there is no bed only the pillows, snow, green apples, stair cases, oranges, bright red curtains and a roll of red yarn...

    ReplyDelete